Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Art Pieces

I am by no means an art aficionado.  However, I do have a few favorite art pieces, so here are a few that I think are slammin'.
Unwoven Light--Soo Sunny Park  This is a large art piece that is comprised of glazed plexiglass attached to a chain link fence.
 
Ai Weiwei     He is one of my favorite artists and this is just a piece that I think is really cool.
 
 
 Jennifer Allora and Guillermo Caldzadilla  Click the link because this whole exhibit is pretty sweet.
 
 
 
Michaelangelo  This is a piece called Pieta.  It breaks my heart and also makes me kind of amazed when I look at the folds at the bottom of her dress.  That is made of stone! With a chisel!!
 
 
I really like looking at this piece in real life.  When you stand in front of it at the museum, it truly looks like you are standing on the streets of Paris on a dreary day.
 
 
Roy Lichtenstein    He is best know for his pop art images of weeping women, but this one is one of my favorites.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Joelle Jones   She is a graphic novel artist, but she also does standalone art.  I just love her art style and I like the way that she portrays her subjects.  Look her up.
 
 
E.J.Bellocq     He was a photographer in the year 1912 who decided to photograph things in the Red Light District of New Orleans (I believe).  This is a photo that he took of a prostitute.
 
 
 
 
This is a piece made by tumblr user OpticallyAroused.  It is a picture made by shining a light through plexiglass airplanes.
 
 
darksilenceinsuburbia:

Igor Eugen Prokop. Nature’s Riot.
Igor Eugen Prokop. Nature’s Riot.   I love looking at this piece because every time that I look at it, I see something different.
 
 
 
 psychedelic-psychiatrist:

Interior of a mosque in Iran
Nasir al-Mulk Mosque in Shiraz, Iran   This is a totally groovy mosque that turns into a kaleidoscope when the Sun hits it correctly.


No comments: